Are you playing PC games with Keyboard and Mouse? Well, if YES then you must try Windows Xbox 360 Controller driver for playing games to enhance your gaming experience. There are plenty of gamers who.
- The package provides the installation files for Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Driver version 1.2. If the driver is already installed on your system, updating (overwrite-installing) may fix various issues, add new functions, or just upgrade to the available version.
- To use this site to find and download updates, you need to change your security settings to allow ActiveX controls and active scripting. To get updates but allow your security settings to continue blocking potentially harmful ActiveX controls and scripting from other sites, make this site a trusted website.
- This is typically located under Xbox Peripherals (Legacy) in Windows 7 and 8.x systems. Step 3: Select the Driver tab. Step 4: Click Update Driver. Step 5: Try using Search automatically for updated driver software. If this doesn't work, go to Step 6. Step 6: If this did not work, download the driver from Microsoft. Put this in a place you can.
- 1- Visit Xbox driver webpage (official download link) 2- On this page, navigate to Software & Drivers section. 3- Select Windows 7 from the dropdown menu. 4- Click the available link to start downloading the driver file. 5- Once downloaded, simply open the folder where you downloaded the file.
You may need a driver for your Xbox 360 controller when you setting your controller up on your Windows computer. There are two ways you can try to download and install the driver for your Xbox 360 controller.
To download and install your Xbox 360 controller driver
Method 1: Download the Xbox 360 controller driver from Microsoft
You can download the driver for your Xbox 360 controller from the Microsoft official website. To do so:
1) Go to the Microsoft official website. Then search “xbox 360 controller“.
2) Click Xbox 360 Controller for Windows.
3) Click Downloads. Then download the driver for your Xbox 360 controller.
4) Open the downloaded file to install the driver on your computer.
Method 2: Update your Xbox 360 controller driver automatically
If you don’t have the time, patience or skills to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need to risk downloading and installing the wrong driver, and you don’t need to worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can download and install your drivers by using either Free or Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (and you get full support and a 30-day money back guarantee):
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to Xbox 360 Controller for Windows to download the latest and correct driver for it, then you can manually install the driver. You can also click the Update All button at the bottom right to automatically update all outdated or missing drivers on your computer (this requires the Pro version — you will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
Download Xbox One Controller Driver
Follow the steps below to add third-party drivers (USB) for peripheral devices such as USB Mobile broadband modems, printers, scanners etc.
Step 1: Get Drivers from PC
Xbox 360 Controller Driver For Windows 10
The Step is to get the x86 version of the drivers from PC. For ARM, please contact the supplier of the peripheral to get the sys/inf files.
Connect the device to the windows PC
Install the driver for the device on the PC
Go to Device Manager, select this device (listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers) and right click and select Properties.
Go to Driver tab in the Properties window, and click on Driver Details. Note the sys files listed there.
Copy the sys files from
C:Windowssystem32and also the related inf file from
C:WindowsInf. You can find the inf file by searching for the sys file reference in the
.inffiles. You may need to copy additional files listed in the Inf and these will be listed in the inf_filelist.txt file created when using
inf2pkg.cmdin the next step.
Step 2: Create a driver package
The Driver package contains the references(InfSource)to the Inf file for the driver and also lists all the files referenced in the Inf file. You can author the driver .wm.xml using Add-IoTDriverPackage.
New-IoTInf2Cab creates the package xml file and also builds the cab file directly.
Windows IoT Core only supports Universal INF and Universal Drivers.
Xbox 360 Driver
See also: Sample Driver Package
Step 3: Install on device
- Connect to the device (using SSH or using PowerShell)
- Copy the
.cab file to the device to a directory say C:OemInstall
- Initiate staging of the package using
applyupdate -stage C:OemInstall<filename>.cab. Note that this step is be repeated for each package, when you have multiple packages to install.
- Commit the packages using
The device will reboot into the update OS (showing gears) to install the packages and will reboot again to main OS. This process can take a few minutes.
Step 4: Check status of driver
Launch the PowerShell
You can get the status of the installed drivers using the following PowerShell commandlets