- Splashtop wired XDisplay needs to be uninstalled (it still installs an incompatible old legacy WDDM Filter Hook driver which cannot coexist with other similar products like spacedesk even though it doesn’t even seem to use this old driver any more). Spacedesk does not support Windows 7 any more (Windows 7 life cycle has expired).
- Alternatively, you can apply or cancel blank screen dynamically from a Splashtop Client menu bar after a remote session is established. Install DPMS Driver (only for WDDMmonitors.
If you want to remotely access Windows PCs and Macs with multiple monitors, Splashtop is a great solution. With Splashtop, you have several options for viewing multiple monitors while you are controlling a remote computer.
(MAC users, install the virtual driver on Splashtop Streamer under Settings - Install virtual display driver) 3. Choose your computer from the Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2's computer list and you are good to go. REQUIREMENTS To receive connections using Splashtop Extended Wireless Display 2, your computer needs to have.
- View one remote monitor at a time and switch between screens
- View multiple remote monitors on one screen (one-window)
- View multiple remote monitors on multiple local screens (multi-window / multi-to-multi monitor)
These features vary by product. Read on below for a list of which Splashtop solutions include each of these options.
Cross-platform viewing and remote control
With Splashtop, you can view and control remote computers cross platform, including viewing multiple monitors from one operating system on a local computer or device running another operating system.
- Control and view your Windows computer from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook*
- Control and view your Mac from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook*
*Chromebook support available in Splashtop Business Access, Remote Support and SOS. Not available for Personal edition.
Watch this video to see multi-monitor remote access from Mac to Mac.
Here’s another video overview (the right computer remotely controlling and viewing the screens of the left computer).
Try it now with a free trial of Splashtop Business Access Pro, Remote Support Plus, or SOS.
How to switch monitors and view multiple monitors
Windows and Mac
When in a remote access session, you can switch monitors by clicking the “switch monitor” button in the toolbar at the top of your screen. The blue dot on the monitor icon will indicate the number of the monitor that you are viewing or a multi-monitor symbol in this example.
In the example below, the first two menu items let you select Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 from the remote system to view on your screen. (I don’t know why Lenovo and/or Windows gave my Monitor 2 laptop screen such a long name.) The blue dot on the monitor icon shows the number of the monitor that is being access or a multi-monitor indicator.
The third menu item lets you view all monitors from the remote computer on one local screen. This is also known as multi-to-one.
The final option lets you view each remote monitor in a separate window on your local computer and you can arrange those windows on multiple local monitors. This is also known as multi-to-multi.
Splashtop Monitors Drivers
iPhone and iPad
On iOS devices, including iPhone and iPad, there is a similar toolbar button available when the menu is activated at the bottom of your device screen. Selecting this button gives you
On an iPhone (below), you have the options to view one screen at a time or both remote screens at the same time on your phone screen.
Android Phones and Tablets
The Splashtop Android apps offer the option to view one remote monitor at a time. The button highlighted below is used to switch to the next monitor.
Which Splashtop solution should I subscribe to if I want each option?
Splashtop Monitors Drivers
This table shows the multi-monitor capabilities available in each Splashtop solution.
Multi-monitor options with Splashtop
|View one monitor at a time||View multiple monitors at the same time|
|Business Access Solo|
Remote Support Basic
|Business Access Pro|
Remote Support Plus
Remote Support Premium
Get started remotely accessing and controlling computers with multiple monitors
Start a free trial or subscribe now!
- Splashtop Business Access Pro – great for business professionals and small teams
- Splashtop Remote Support Plus – great for IT professionals and MSPs
- Splashtop SOS Plus or Unlimited– great for support teams and help desks